Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother 2017 Vote Terms & Conditions
1. The Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother 2017 voting (the “Vote”) is organised by or on behalf of Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited of 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT (“Channel 5”). By participating in the Vote you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
2. You will be able to cast your vote in two ways:
- by premium rate telephone call to an ‘09’ number from any UK landline; or
- by premium rate telephone call to a Mobile Short Dial Code (“MSDC”) number from a UK mobile phone (not available from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man mobile phones).
You must ask the bill payer’s permission before you vote.
3. Voting is intended for viewers watching the programmes in the UK. Responsibility cannot be accepted by Channel 5 for any vote services promoted outside the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man as these are not within Channel 5’s control. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect they have been made from outside the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
4. Premium Rate Phone Calls
Each call is worth one vote unless otherwise advised on air and viewers may phone vote via two premium rate methods while the Vote is open:
· Landline Votes – dial the premium rate ‘09’ telephone number displayed on screen for the chosen Housemate. Each vote via the premium rate telephony service costs 50 pence plus your Network Access Charge. Please check with your network operator or mobile provider before calling for your exact Network Access Charge.
Call charges may apply if the number is misdialled and is a valid number.
· UK Mobile Phone Votes (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) – dial the premium rate 7 digit MSDC number displayed on screen for the chosen Housemate. Each vote to a MSDC number costs 50 pence. MSDC numbers are only available for use from a mobile phone and these numbers cannot accept text messages. Call charges may apply if the number is misdialled and is a valid number.
The Channel Islands and Isle of Man are covered by separate mobile network operators who do not currently support voting by MSDCs. Viewers in these regions will still be able to vote from a landline using the ‘09’ number for their chosen Housemate as set out above.
5. Vote opening and closing
Viewers will be informed that the Vote is open, frozen or closed on air in the Channel 5 programmes Big Brother and/or Big Brother’s Bit on The Side or the Celebrity versions of those programmes. Votes cast outside these times will not be counted but may still be charged.
Voting generally closes during the Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother Eviction programmes but may on occasion occur outside of these times. Please watch the programmes for the exact closing times of the Vote.
If you are watching any of the Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother programmes on Channel 5 +1, 5STAR on My5, MTV or on any other time shift or catch up service, please check whether the Vote is still open before attempting to vote because the Vote may have closed. If the Vote has closed your vote will not be counted but you may still be charged.
6. The Vote result
All eligible votes from the premium rate phone voting routes will be aggregated prior to any result announcement.
The result of the Vote, where practicable, will be announced during the relevant Big Brother or Celebrity Big Brother Eviction programme or final.
Where viewers choose to vote in a Vote To Save window, unless otherwise stated on air and/or in these Terms and Conditions, only the Housemate with the most votes will definitely be safe from eviction.
Where viewers choose to vote in a Vote To Evict window, unless otherwise stated on air and/or in these Terms and Conditions, only the Housemate with the most votes will definitely be evicted.
In the event of a tie, Big Brother’s decision as to the outcome of the Vote and/or the method of determining the outcome of the Vote is final and binding.
7. Vote freeze
Channel 5 and the programme producer reserve the right to conduct a vote freeze or freezes at any time. Any planned vote freeze will be communicated on air but may not always occur within the programme. In the event of a planned vote freeze the phone lines for the first and subsequent parts of the Vote may be open for a limited period only until voting is frozen and then re-opened.
The results at any vote freeze, where practicable, will be announced on air.
8. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast or if it considers, at its sole discretion, that there has been any deliberate attempt to excessively manipulate or unfairly influence the result of the Vote.
9. Channel 5 is committed to operating a fair and consistent voting system. Please note that Channel 5 is unable to confirm the integrity of any other voting method except for the official voting systems as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
10. There are a number of situations that could arise during Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother which could affect the Vote, such as the withdrawal or removal of a Housemate for health or other reasons, technical or systems failure or other unforeseen circumstances that are outside the reasonable control of Channel 5 or the programme producer. Channel 5 reserves the right to amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Vote or to postpone or cancel the announcement of the result for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time or to take such other remedial action as it deems necessary and appropriate in the circumstances.
11. All votes are monitored by Electoral Reform Services.
12. Channel 5's decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote or the result is final.
13. Under no circumstances will there be a refund for any vote cast or for any misdialled calls.
14. Channel 5, its group companies and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Channel 5 hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the Vote.
15. Facebook, Apple, Google and Twitter are not sponsors nor are they involved with Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother, Channel 5 or Endemol UK Limited in any way. Facebook, Apple and Twitter are not responsible for the content of Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother nor do they have any authority over events within the programmes.
17. Channel 5 reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions each time you wish to vote.
18. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law.
19. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 2nd August 2017.