Poll terms and conditions
1. The Big Brother polls (the "Polls") are organised by or on behalf of Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited of Hawley Crescent, Camden Town, London NW1 8TT ("Channel 5"). By participating in the Polls you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions").
2. Polls are intended for viewers watching the show in the UK. Responsibility cannot be accepted for any Polls promoted outside the UK and Channel Islands as these are not within our control. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow Poll submissions if it has reasonable grounds to suspect they have been made from outside the UK (and Channel Islands).
3. You can take part in Polls at bigbrother.channel5.com or by downloading the Big Brother app. The Big Brother app is available for Apple iOS8 users (and newer) from the iTunes App Store and for Android 4.1 (and newer) users from the Google Play store. The app is available on mobile devices and tablets. The app is free to download.
4. Select your desired option(s) and then tap confirm.
5. Use of the Polls is free, except for your standard internet access charges or data charges.
6. The opening and closing times of the polls are all as advertised within the polling section of the Big Brother website or app and/or as directed on air in the Channel 5 Big Brother programming, facebook.com/bbuk or twitter.com/bbuk.
7. Poll submissions made outside the opening and closing times will not be counted. The Poll result will be established from all eligible Poll submissions received by Channel 5 and/or the producer of the programme. Please note that Poll submissions sent, but which have not been received at the time when the result is calculated will not be counted. Poll results may be announced during Channel 5’s Big Brother programming and/or at bigbrother.channel5.com. In the event of a draw, Channel 5’s decision as to the result or the method of determining the result will be final.
8. Each device is limited to one vote per poll. Channel 5 has imposed a cap on the number of responses per poll per IP address to protect against fraud. Each IP address may register no more than 100 votes in any poll, regardless of how many devices are linked to that IP address. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow Poll responses if it has reasonable grounds to suspect fraudulent, excessive or suspicious activity or if it considers that there has been any attempt to manipulate the Polls.
9. Channel 5 is committed to operating fair and consistent Polls. Please note that Channel 5 is unable to confirm the integrity of any other submission method except for the official poll systems as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
10. Channel 5 may amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Polls or conclude the Polls using an alternative method for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time. In particular, the Polls may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Channel 5.
11. If you are watching Big Brother programming on My5, Channel 5 +1 or any other time shift or catch-up service or repeat programme, please do not try to make a Poll submission as the Poll may have closed and your submission will not count.
12. Channel 5's decision in relation to all matters affecting the Polls is final.
13. Channel 5, its group companies and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any Poll submission being lost or not properly registered or recorded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Channel 5 hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the Polls.
15. Channel 5 reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions each time you wish to make a Poll submission.
16. In the event of technical issues, Channel 5 reserves the right to cease the Big Brother Polls and introduce a new Polling method, which may incur a small charge to the viewer. Any charge will be notified to the viewer before they take part.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.
18. The Big Brother Polls Voting Terms & Conditions were last updated on 14th August 2018.
What are polls?
During the series we will be running different polls where you have a chance to share your opinion on a whole host of Celebrity Big Brother-related topics, some of which may influence activities in the House.
How do I take part in a poll?
You can take part in Polls at bigbrother.channel5.com or by downloading the Big Brother app from the iTunes Store or Google Play Store. When a poll is open, navigate to the polls section and then choose your desired option(s). Take care with your selection, as some polls only allow you to submit one response.
How do I get the app?
The Big Brother app is available for Apple iOS7 users (and newer) from the iTunes App Store and for Android 4.4 - 5.0 (Ice cream sandwich to Lollipop) users from the Google Play store. The app is available on mobile devices and tablets. Use of the Polls is free, except for your standard internet access charges or data charges.
When are polls open?
Polls will be opened and closed at different times during the series. The opening and closing times of the Polls are all as advertised in the Big Brother app, the Channel 5 programmes Celebrity Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on The Side, http://bigbrother.channel5.com, www.facebook.com/bbuk or www.twitter.com/bbuk.
What else is in the app?
The Big Brother app is updated throughout the day with all the latest news, video clips and pictures direct from the House.